View All McDonalds JobsMcDonald's
You will be responsible for the following platforms, developing category plans and marketing strategies for each of these to cover both the short term (current year) and longer term (next three years) to deliver profitable growth, drive key brand metrics and contribute a positive marketing value. This role also includes responsibility for an annual media and production spend.c
- To build and seek approval for robust strategic rationale for all activities in key partner meetings; and subsequently proactively lead the timely evaluation of all programmes, demonstrating genuine initiative, drive, and ownership
- To identify any/all gaps within understanding of relevant consumer targets – and lead internal and external research teams to develop consumer insights.
- To develop media strategies and plans for allocated programmes, and present to Marketing Board (Co-Op) for approval of proposed media spend
- To develop, seek approval and proactively lead budgets, and use findings to guide future budgeting and effective allocation of annual production spend.
- To take responsibility for the clear, concise and timely communication of initiatives within the Marketing hierarchy, and with all levels of the McDonald’s system, agencies and relevant third parties.
- To direct the planning, logistics and delivery of promotional activity across internal departments – including leading cross-functional project teams to deliver complex multi-discipline projects on brief, on time and with the support of senior management and peers
- To proactively make sound business recommendations to Head of Marketing, Marketing Director & VP Marketing for improvement of Marketing programmes.
- Lead and motivate the team (Senior Brand Manager, 2 Brand Managers and Campaign Assistant) to deliver all marketing activity and provide mentorship and support to assist them in career progression
- To be responsible for the internal approval process to achieve all required approvals for marketing activity (through-the-line)
- To be responsible for the development, and approval of, media strategy and plans against agreed programmes, and support direct reports in representing those plans to the Marketing Board for approval.
- To coach on development and approval of robust business cases on all activities; and subsequently ensure the proactive and timely evaluation of all programmes
- To identify any/all gaps within understanding of relevant consumer targets – and lead internal and external research teams to develop consumer insights
- To proactively make sound business recommendations to the Head of Marketing & UK Marketing Director for enhancement of agreed Marketing programmes
- To communicate a real understanding of the McDonald’s business and firm grasp of ongoing business performance
- To develop and lead three year strategic plans for each platform, built on confirmed consumer insights and sound business strategies to grow both transactions and long term brand health
- To secure cross business alignment and Marketing Co-op approval for all marketing and media plans.
- To be responsible for the preparation of inspiring marketing briefs, to develop campaigns that deliver the agreed strategy in motivating ways
- Lead agency partners to deliver outstanding creative through the line that achieves stand out, clear message delivery, customer enjoyment and motivation whilst building brand perceptions and appetite appeal
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and analytical competence, with a heavy focus o n attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen
- Enjoys debating strategic and creative recommendations, always able to present a compelling case in support of arguments
- Passion for consumer insight, trends and innovation
- Flexible approach and ability to use initiative and strong creative judgement
- Demonstrate the ability to think systemically and develop simple solutions to complex, cross-functional issue
- Preferred CIM Advanced Certificate in Marketing Management or ISP Diploma
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment, calm under pressure
- Experienced in developing effective media plans
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to clearly articulate strategic direction and engage a variety of audiences to support recommendations
- Leading complex, high scale business platforms and promotional activity, delivering validated business results via engaging creative across all media channels
- Confirmed communication skills, written and presentational, with ability to exert credible influence over project teams and senior partners
- Experience in developing successful category plans and brand/product strategies, to deliver long term growth
- Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and accountability
- Passion to promote the brand values of McDonald’s
- Consistent track record to lead cross-functional teams to achieve organisational goals
- Relevant industry experience (10 years). Retail and/or FMCG brand desirable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A