View All McDonalds JobsMcDonald's
You will play a central role in translating our purpose, vision and business strategy into action. This means that you will be leading in co-ordinating the business to deliver its strategic priorities. This will require excellent critical and customer-obsessed thinking, the ability to influence and deliver through others, a curious mind and an appetite for innovation, together with the ability to engage, mobilise and excite our people and partners around business change.
While you will have the opportunity to shape the Strategic Lead role over time, your key accountabilities as currently envisaged are:
- Ongoing review of internal communication including online and offline communication channels to ensure a robust and effective framework for two-way communication.
- Leading emergency communication across the business as required
- Build and be a phenomenal partner with wider Communications team (RCOs, Public Affairs, Campaigns and Media) with partners in the business.
- Partnership with the Reputation Team to support on ourlounge (crew communications)
- Act as strategic IC partner across business and within the Communications Team;
- Work with Director of Corporate Affairs to support communication channels for the CEO and Leadership Team to ensure visibility throughout the system: e.g. Town Halls, Exec/Franchisee Roadshows, CEO Communications, etc.
- Writing and editing content/scripts/communication as required
- Lead / support on the internal social media and engagement strategy; work with agency partners to develop and implement content, campaigns and other bought-in expertise.
- Consultancy/Training on effective internal communication
- Lead internal communications role in Cross Functional Teams for projects and initiatives; Project lead internal communication campaigns as required
- Lead on key business channels for our audiences (Franchisees, Restaurant Teams, Office);
- Key role in the annual business conference (AGM) project team – execute communications plan and logistics support;
- Ensure that internal communications is aligned with wider corporate and external communications programmes and with the company’s brand, purpose and tone of voice.
- Leading large projects or programmes of change
- Leading change in the hospitality, leisure or retail sector
- Taking concepts and developing them into real customer propositions
- Knowledge of how a franchised business operates
- Knowledge and experience of approaches that enable innovation and agile ways of working
- The ability to take sophisticated ideas, assess solution options and communicate them simply, taking people with you
- Deep strategic and critical thinking to shape strategy and translate it into action that will deliver customer and business outcomes
- The ability to spot problems and solve them creatively, individually and with others
- Experience of empowering individuals and teams to drive and sustain business change
- The ability to influence senior partners and challenge effectively where required
- Highly collaborative workstyle with the ability to engage and mobilise teams around common goals
- You’re a self-starter, have a can-do attitude, are outcome focussed and charge change with energy and drive that inspires others
- You seek and act upon feedback and proactively work on your personal and professional development
- The ability to prioritise and focus your effort on the things that drive the biggest customer benefit
- Curious mind-set, never settling for the status quo and championing continuous improvement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A