View All Mercedes-Benz JobsMercedes-Benz
Develop, implement, and improve Paint shop system for the new Mercedes-Benz Paint Shop. Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication and paint materials, focusing on designated paint shop processes. Confer with equipment and material supplier.
- Plans, Designs, documents, and implements medium to large-scale manufacturing processes. Determines feasibility of product changes
- Monitors maintenance and repair services. Coordinates with Production & Maintenance functions for shutdown activities.
- Develops planning standards, methods, and procedures.
- Stays current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Provides guidance to team members to accomplish production goals; Provides guidance to less senior manufacturing engineers.
- Proposes and manages medium-scale projects from beginning to end.
- Preparation of technical analyses and higher- level upper management presentation.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Identifies opportunities to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, and product design.
- Periodically ensures that highly technical equipment meets required specifications and high quality standards.
- Implements cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
- Resolves moderately complex technical and operational problems by applying standard procedures and recommends production improvements.
- Contributes to product and process quality design testing methods.
- Technical approval of large equipment/installations while planning workplaces with ergonomics in mind.
- Develops best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement processes for efficiency to create a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Investigates problems, analyzes root causes and derives resolutions. Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products.
- Develops operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
- Assures product and process quality by designing complex testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Proven written and verbal communication at all levels within the organization with good negotiation skills.
- Intercultural competencies to build productive work relationships.
- Paint shop Greenfield/ Brownfield start up experience preferred.
- Knowledge of paint technologies including Pretreatment and Electro-coat is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree required. 5+ years of relevant experience, supporting automotive Paint Shop strongly preferred.
- Experience in installation and running of equipment and process in Automotive Paint Shops strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods (especially painting)procedures and process technology strongly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Weslaco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A