Lead a team of Machine Learning Engineers, and manage the projects to successfully deliver novel machine learning techniques. The team focuses on machine learning and data science for telematics user experience, providing the machine learning models to power the next generation of predictive user experiences to enable extreme personalization. This team’s work powers the intelligent suggestions in MBUX, the first predictive user experience in automotive.
- Identify possible improvements for ML Models and AI-driven User Experience, and drive re-use of components across various ML projects.
- Keep up-to-date on latest innovations and research in machine learning, involving both deep and non-deep learning paradigms.
- Lead a team to bring next generation machine learning and artificial intelligence to production in Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Define and track success metrics for ML projects, and present project status to stakeholders, including Daimler Executive Management
- Constantly work with cross-divisional counterparts both in the local office and globally to ensure the successful transfer of the new features and functions into the product development process.
- Strong instincts for efficiency and optimization, with motivation to work with colleagues to ensure that only high quality products reach customers’ hands.
- Understanding of statistical data analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g. SVM, regression classification, clustering, time series, deep learning)
- Ability to quickly and effectively diagnose issues, evaluate fixes, and propose solutions for non-deterministic learning systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer/ Electrical/ Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience leading a senior team of machine learning engineers and data scientists utilizing state of the art techniques and solutions to provide predictive analytics solving real world problems
- Extraordinary oral and written communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work across teams to meet shared goals.
- Ability and passion to stay current with bleeding edge machine learning research and techniques with the ability to expediently apply them to current projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A