View All Merlin JobsMerlin Entertainments
The Technician is a vital role to Team Merlin to ensure that all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. The ideal candidate has general “handyman” experience to perform routine maintenance duties including troubleshoot issues, repair failures of attraction and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. This position is distinguished from Lead Facilities Maintenance in that the latter plans and organizes maintenance work, provides daily direction to maintenance staff in addition to performing the full range of maintenance duties.
- Able to set-up and operate various hand tools and power equipment.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace control devices.
- Corrects or reports any safety or fire hazards.
- Repair and/or paint interior walls, hang pictures; assemble furniture.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain attraction systems, rides and equipment.
- Complete “Preventative Maintenance” tasks (Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, etc).
- Observes safe working practices, including maintaining storage areas clean, organized and in safe condition.
- Install and/or replace light bulbs, projector lamps, doors, etc.
- Set-up and install data cables as needed; install and repair computer outlets and computer bundles.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments..
- PC hardware and software (troubleshooting, replacement, and installation).
- Basic data and networking systems (troubleshooting and tracing Ethernet lines, patching lines, connecting lines to switches, running/installing new data lines, etc).
- Low voltage wiring (maglocks, proximity sensors, servos, low voltage batteries, etc).
- Basic carpentry and relevant tools and equipment (cutting wood and building in general).
- Basic plumbing and relevant tools and equipment (replacing fixtures, rebuilding flushometers, unclogging drains, etc).
- Basic electrical and relevant tools and equipment (replacing fixtures, replacing ballasts, replacing outlets, etc).
- Safety practices and equipment related to work (OSHA regulations and PPE knowledge).
- Electronics including AV systems, DMX lighting and custom builds (LEGOLAND custom builds in the attraction).
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A