View All Merlin JobsMerlin Entertainments
The Marketing Coordinator will be right in the heart of our magic, providing support to the Marketing Department and planning and managing promotional, PR, social media and sales activities.
- Works with the Marketing Manager to secure and fulfill local, regional, and national promotional opportunities & develop relationships.
- Monitors customer responses on review channels and social channels, including customer service support and potential crisis issues as they arise, and work closely with relevant business partners to respond.
- Works with the Marketing Manager to manage social media campaigns / content and day to day activities, including online advocacy, newsletters, promotions, etc.
- Works with the Marketing Manager and Event Sales Manager on event coordination as needed.
- Coordinate and traffic all creative needs – including advertisements, website listings, promotions, and phone messages.
- Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar, comfortable with learning brand voice and writing clear, creative, and persuasive copy as needed.
- Understands, reviews, and analyzes sales by promotions in a weekly marketing summary to ensure effectiveness of promotions.
- Explores and coordinates free advertising / promotional opportunities.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Execute local Marketing & Sales tactics in line with agreed attraction strategy, and in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and Brand Marketing.
- Remain up-to-date on products / changes and ensure that all marketing outlets have updated information on hours, pricing, promotions, etc.
- Liaise with local contacts, concierge, and partners advocate for the brand and share updates on product, promos, changes.
- Ensures appropriate information is being communicated to all internal departments as well as guests and partners.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to generate PO’s, log, and track all marketing related operating expenses.
- Coordinates and enters group reservations in ticketing system; maintain and update reservations.
- Coordinates marketing efforts targeted to groups including direct mail, email, and telemarketing campaigns, and representing the attraction at trade shows when needed.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as required.
- Coordinates the set-up of all tickets relating to Trade, ensures that key stakeholders are briefed, and notify clients and the Call Center about new product development and events.
- In collaboration with Marketing Manager, liaise with Finance and partners to ensure Credit Applications are reviewed / approved / rejected, and new clients are entered in to Accesso or Callscripter as required.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi task as necessary
- College degree in a communications, marketing and/or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with people from all levels of discipline
- Experience in promotions and/or marketing specifically in developing and executing promotional partnerships appreciated
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Curious. You should be curious about popular culture, fame, trends, and celebrities.
- You should be creative and imaginative, including in how you approach analytical work. Proficient in excel and data handling. Charts, graphs, and pivot tables will be your besties.
- Great organization skills, detail oriented and self-starter
- The devil is in the fabulous details! You will have exacting standards and pay attention to the details, no matter how small.
- Can do attitude. Wax figures may be static, but our business is not. This is a demanding, but exciting role. You will be challenged, your days will be hectic, and the ability to approach that with a can-do, positive attitude will ensure you thrive in this role.
- Open to new learning and quickly adapts to change
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office- PhotoShop and/or video editing is a plus!
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A