View All Merlin JobsMerlin Entertainments
We are currently recruiting for a Costumier based at our offices in Acton, London. Working within a figure production matrix team you will be responsible for the development of costume and props for figures within your team.
Reporting into the Costume Supervisor, you will be required to work closely with freelance suppliers, stylists, matrix team members and principal sculptors to ensure that quality wax figures are delivered on time and on budget.
- Build a good rapport with figure production departments.
- Comply with Merlin Magic Making’s Health and Safety policy.
- Keeping up with modern processes that aid efficiency within figure production.
- Interpret design briefs, delivering, costumes and props. Be a pro-active member of figure production matrix team to ensure figures are delivered on time and on budget to Madame Tussauds quality standards.
- Prepare forecasts for each figure, highlighting any overspends to supervisors.Promptly reconcile expenses.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to multi task and maintain a clear head when under pressure.
- Some experience of working within a production environment.
- A natural eye for detail.
- Ability to work closely with sites teams and freelancers.
- Ability to forecast budgets and work to critical path.
- Excellent knowledge of pattern cutting and garment construction.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferable.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A