View All MetLife JobsMetLife
This role is primarily responsible for developing, filing with regulatory authorities, and issuing forms for pension risk transfer products provided under the RIS organization. In addition, the role would include reviewing peer work, and managing projects as a seasoned contract development specialist for the RIS organization. Forms primarily include group annuity contracts, amendments, certificates, letters of agreement, annuitant listings, and separate account memoranda of operations
- Draft and coordinate the development of separate account memoranda of operations filed with state regulators.
- Demonstrates high level of impact and influence when collaborating with other internal MetLife departments or when negotiating with clients or outside state insurance departments.
- Research and respond to internal and external customer questions regarding contract features and compliance.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects; lead and assist on special initiatives requiring project management skills, as required.
- Collaborate with team to develop and maintain best practices from an efficiency and governance point of view.
- Provide training and technical support to team members.
- Prepare complex detailed documentation including proposals, commitment agreements, and contracts for prospective pension risk transfer opportunities in a fast-pace deadline driven environment.
- Prepare filing submission documentation, prepare responses to insurance regulators’ questions and requests, and negotiate approvals with state insurance departments for products ranging from complex to highly complex group annuity products, address complex non-standard assignments and devise solutions.
- Establish a strong working relationship with insurance regulatory personnel to secure timely approvals that address product and compliance needs.
- Provide support to other RIS Contracts teams as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Support state insurance regulatory filings (including Interstate Insurance Compact), using primarily the SERFF electronic filing system and recordkeeping requirements for RIS.
- Develops and issues forms ranging from complex to highly complex group annuity contracts to support new and existing pension risk transfer business within
- RIS. Determine variations in forms to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in the analysis of proposed and enacted laws and regulations to identify required compliance activities,
- Provide technical support in analysis of critical new product ventures and due diligence, communicating implications to stakeholders.
- Strong interest in identifying and researching opportunities for continuous improvement, including digital/automated business solutions, integrating technology and process improvements.
- Expert level of contract development and maintenance knowledge and advanced technical writing skills and understanding of the insurance industry and product lines.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements and procedures for the development and filing of compliant contract forms associated with annuity business.
- Interest in managing projects and reviewing work.
- Strong customer focus.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills across a multi-disciplined contracts team and share knowledge as appropriate.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills to handle complex issues.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage constructively with associates of various disciplines and levels as well as with insurance department regulators.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.Outcome-focused and deadline oriented.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with associates and business partners.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A