View All Massachusetts General Hospital JobsMassachusetts General Hospital
- Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager of Clinical Support Services and the Supervisor of the Image Service Center, the incumbent is responsible for the delivery of complete customer service and maximum productivity in the processing of radiology images for interpretation and review. Understands and utilizes a network of computer systemsforprocessinginformationandforarchivingandretrievingimagestudies,toincludepushingimagestolocal PACS stations for Radiologist viewing. Comprehends the multitude of workflows related to the management of images throughout a broad customer base internally and externally to the hospital. Rotates work assignments, with varying degrees of complexity, in a multi-site operation.Works closely with the PACS support team to ensure exams are routed accurately and finalized. Acts as a liaison between specific divisions and the PACS team when troubleshooting and resolving various system issues. Provides information, training and direction to staff when necessary under the direction of ISC leadership. Interpretation Area Responsibilities: The incumbent performsavarietyofreception/supporttasksfor specific divisions within Radiology .Functioningastheprimary interface between the customer and the Radiologist, provides a high level of triaging telephone calls and managing cases to support to the Radiologist in a high-volume ambulatory setting
- Immediately responds to telephone requests and processes telephone calls according to departmental established telephone guidelines and the MGH patient confidentiality policy.
- Understands and utilizes Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) computer equipment. Assists customers with the use of equipment for locating specific images and for image viewing. Processes requests through the utilization of dual systems for hard copy and digital images. Assists with integrating the electronic capabilities of the PACS installation in to the daily work-flow.
- Collects, collates and reports on data metrics.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of an Image Service Representative I.
- Follows multi-step processing of all films and soft copy images and related documentation for radiologist interpretation and physician review of images. Manages external requests by patients, legal offices, insurance agencies and internal requests as necessary.
- Familiar with Radiologists schedules, potential schedule changes and understands reading assignments. Familiarity with Open Tempo.
- Communicates and documents unresolved issues to external and internal stakeholders. Ability to problem solve and resolve operational issues related to Radiologists work flow.
- Management of unread cases for specific divisions to include mastering programs associated with monitoring performance on a daily basis.
- Manages customer service issues and resolves related problems. Communicates and interprets departmental and hospital policies and procedures for customers with clarity and completeness. Facilitates resolution of conflicts related to location and propriety expectations of film and images.
- Greets customers promptly and triages customers ’ needs in order to provide superior service and improve productivity time for Radiologists.
- Works to reduce film utilization
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of administrative or customer service experience, preferably in a clinical setting
- Two years as a Level I ISR or equivalent experience in related area.
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stoneham, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A