As a Specialist, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and providing enrollment and education meetings focused on encouraging employee participation in the retirement plan. You will conduct ongoing education sessions to reinforce the benefits of plan participation, focus on retirement readiness and increase participation in the established plans.
- Delivers ongoing education and re-enrollment meetings to existing and potential plan participants. Works to educate plan participants on retirement readiness, ongoing through the various phases of their career.
- Provides training to plan sponsors and participants on the tools and resources available through the Internet Service Center.
- Answers question on completion of legal documents and who should have that responsibility.
- Focuses on growing participation levels of eligible employees and increasing deferral percentages of the plan participants. Partners with the financial professional, continuously helps ensure participants have the Nationwide tools and resources to prepare for retirement.
- Contributes and participates in projects and Advisory Board work designed to improve delivery and make recommendations for improvement for initiatives across the business.
- Schedules and conducts initial enrollment meetings aimed at educating plan sponsors and potential plan participants, focusing on the value of participating in their retirement plan, as well as maximizing plan participation levels. Focuses on helping plan participants increase their retirement readiness.
- Presents information to existing and prospective participants on products that may be available in the plan.
- Assists in training representatives to deliver enrollment and education sessions consistent with internal standards.
- Must acquire the required federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit.
- Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented.
- If an associate fails to acquire required licenses/registrations within the designated time period, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
- Designations such as AIF and other retirement plan designations are strongly encouraged.
- Must have in-depth understanding of the retirement plan business and working knowledge of ERISA, recordkeeping and plan investments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient in using technology to present content/meetings.
- Detail oriented, learning agility, time management, technical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to learn and execute processes and procedures.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
- Two years of experience in the financial services industry, with a preference of time spent in retirement plans.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Texas, United States
Application Deadline: N/A