Under moderate supervision, this role evaluates moderate to high complexity middle market risks. Conducts surveys of clients’ operations to identify and evaluate risk exposures associated with all lines of Property and Casualty insurance coverage. Job duties can include, visual inspection of operations and/or phone consultation with client representatives to determine underlying risk exposures and potential causes of loss. Works with the ambiguity of limited code enforcement and regulation. Determines if the risk controls in place are adequate to prevent or mitigate losses. Develops recommendations which will assist client with managing risk. Consults with Underwriting regarding risk exposures, controls and improvement opportunities. Writes comprehensive reports and recommendations that document client’s hazards, exposures, controls and effectiveness of controls associated with all lines of insurance coverage.
- Manages travel and personal workload and/or a vendor(s) assigned to complete surveys to meet agreed upon timelines. Job duties can include, providing vendor(s) insurance based questions to help them obtain the information that is required to properly evaluate the risk exposures and auditing vendors to ensure quality work is being received and directives are being followed.
- Analyzes loss exposures and effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate them. Analyzes industry and client historical loss information for patterns or inherent exposures. Identifies improvement opportunities and service opportunities based on the loss trends or data. Communicates potential services and/or solutions to customers enabling them to manage their risk. Coordinates services internally and requests assistance from specialists and engineers as needed.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients. Required to work in partnership with the clients, internal associates and agent partners to mutually benefit all parties.
- Creates comprehensive technical reports and recommendations that address the hazards and controls associated with the client’s business, insurance needs and coverage. Completes assigned surveys based on established time and service standards. Communicates, both verbally and in writing, recommendations for risk reduction to underwriting, clients and agent partners. May be responsible for analyzing data and completing state-required compliance reports, as well as communicating with the appropriate State Official.
- Researches client information using both internal and external resources. Researches client business history, industry and related technical information to prepare for a survey to be completed either by an on site visit or phone. May manage vendors who will be completing the on-site survey.
- Consults with Underwriting pertaining to account rehabilitation and may work directly with those accounts to make them insurable. Consults with clients, internal business partners and agents regarding risk analysis, recommendations and service needs.
- Advises Underwriting on risk insurability and coverages. Determines effectiveness of client’s operational risk control techniques by line of business. Identifies improvement opportunities and provides recommendations to assist client in risk management. Determines when additional internal assistance is needed to help clients improve property and casualty risk management programs.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Ability to consistently and effectively communicate on exposures and controls of those exposures through efficient reports.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation, fleet, general liability and property insurance coverage.
- Working knowledge of risk management issues, loss drivers and risk controls associated with various commercial industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Must possess a desire to learn, grow and develop as a risk management professional.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with leadership, internal business partners and peers.
- Ability to prioritize work/time.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and learn/use applicable systems.
- Licenses: Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or State licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit.
- Additional licenses/registrations maybe required when new products and services are implemented.
- If an associate fails, or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate may be ineligible to continue tin the position.
- Designation: Is working towards an associated insurance designations.
- Three to six years’ commercial underwriting, commercial claims, loss control/safety or associated commercial insurance fields preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indiana, United States
Application Deadline: N/A