View All Nestlé JobsNestlé
The Manufacturing Excellence Specialist will be responsible for driving operational improvement projects as well as working on cross-functional teams to commercialize innovative products in the factory. Continuous improvement efforts will focus on making sustainable gains in reliability, quality, safety, cost, and delivery. Methods for achieving and sustaining improvements will be based Nestle Continuous Excellence, TPM, and LEAN fundamentals. The team member will need to collaborate closely with division, factory, and other internal partners to achieve the project objectives aligned with the business needs. The team member will be responsible to carry out assignments of a broad nature while exercising considerable judgment and creativity. The team member needs to be able to carry out appropriate financial analysis to validate/support proposals and gain support of key stakeholders.
- Utilize Nestle Continuous Excellence tools and methodologies (Goal Alignment, GSTD, DMAIC, Loss Tree Analysis, IPA, etc.) to drive sustainable operational improvements.
- Carry out follow-up programs to maintain the achieved savings, to complete additional training, to detect further savings opportunities, as well as ensure the overall continuity of the project.
- Develop project teams on key skills to drive improvement.
- Determine the optimum machine speed, production cycles and line crewing that are required for master scheduling, as well as for short term planning and control.
- Carry out the respective trials, together with the supervisors and managers, before any change or newly designed system or method is installed. Assist the operations, supervisors, and mangers for adapting changes to take the necessary actions and any other steps required to ensure the achievement of the best possible result.
- Work collaboratively with product development, marketing, supply chain, finance, and operations to bring new products to market and meet the defined project objectives.
- Responsible for identifying, chartering, and leading significant improvement initiatives – delivering the project results on time.
- Determine means to reduce material usages, material losses and rework, and to achieve energy savings.
- Provide project updates to the factory leadership team and project stakeholders highlighting the current status, adherence to the project time plan, work accomplished, quick wins, points of escalation, elements of risk and the associated mitigation plans.
- Analyze given data and operating conditions; implement changes and follow-up on results by involving key responsible people (i.e. sponsor, process owner, operator).system.
- Professional maturity, appearance, and demeanor
- Interpersonal skills, self confidence, leadership abilities
- Two years of experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Proficiency in areas of general business administration: organizational design and communications, economics, finance, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Business
- Change agent
- Negotiation skills, training skills
- Working knowledge of TPM, Lean, and Six Sigma strongly preferred
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build trust and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Six Sigma or Lean background with examples of application and results preferred (preferable skill set at the level of a Green or Black Belt)
- Team leadership and team membership skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Akron, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A