View All Nestlé JobsNestlé
The Logistics and Assets Specialists is accountable for the coordination of logistics activities within the facility and managing internal assets such as equipment.
- Obtain and distribute cost quotes for supporting departments to comply with cost guidelines.
- Resolve freight damage issues.
- Track and resolve carrier issues to ensure timely delivery and/or arrival of shipment.
- Maintain Catalog of Fixed Assets for Internal Customer review.
- Recommend and implement logistics processes to ensure cost effectiveness of inbound and outbound freight.
- Operate carrier software.
- Assure inventory accuracy and location accuracy.
- Maintain accuracy in goods receipt of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Review Asset need with internal groups and determine disposition.
- Coordinate and maintain resources within the Logistics section.
- Create and/or assist with creation of all relevant inbound/outbound shipment documentation.
- Manage International Shipments.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency of logistics processes and look for opportunities for process improvements.
- Distribute items received.
- Resolve inbound and outbound invoice issues for payment.
- Create working relationships with carrier contacts and internal customers.
- Coordinate the packaging of shipments and documentation.
- Manage Fixed Asset process.
- The coordination and receipt of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Create and maintain a Logistics guideline and processes for internal/external use.
- Coordinate international and domestic shipments.
- Assist and guide supporting departments with shipping documentation as well as recommendation of cost-effective shipping methods.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of internal and International Logistical compliance regulations preferred.
- Forklift Operation Experience Required
- 2 years of Supply Chain or Logistics experience preferred.
- Advanced Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate Degree or college coursework preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of internal Nestle system, NesTMS, preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Akron, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A