View All Nestlé JobsNestlé
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. You will manage a team of approximately 30 employees. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Dedicated partnership with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing, crafting and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motivates associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
- You will ensure a safe work environment at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP’s, SSOP’s and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished following environmental management.
- You will provide mentorship of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate precise handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the proficiencies of the team as per the agreed plan with PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene). Implement strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
- Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and make sure personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management.
- 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean manufacturing or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) preferred)
- OR 2 years in a leadership role in the United States Military
- OR 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
- Willing to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in food processing or packaging
- Experience in Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s) in a food processing environment.
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A