This role will allow the successful candidate to fully utilise their core Marketing Competencies, category consumer insight, strategy, budget & planning, promotions management, business & financial management, new product development, Digital media, advertising development, stakeholder management & an understanding of the trade to develop and execute innovative brand and business strategies which create value, and deliver sustainable profitable growth
- Work cross functionally to develop the specific parts of the budgeted plan, including new product timelines, brand communication, trade activities, volumes, pricing, promotion and media support.
- Work closely with finance on P&L management and manage the business through regular in-depth review of the P&L.
- Use business processes and resources to translate insights into innovative solutions by creating and environment in which associates are supported in developing more innovative solutions.
- Develop high impact consumer communications, by integrating all media options to achieve brand and business goals which maximize our Return on Investment.
- Understand category dynamics and identify ways to improve brand performance in the short, medium and long term.
- Develop brand plans with a specific focus on the next year, aligning with the Business Unit on activity grids for planned new products and key promotional initiatives.
- Based on brand strategy, competitive and internal financial analysis review pricing strategy and make recommendations for sustainable business growth.
- Architect- A leader who sets direction, provides clarity, sets standards, measures, motivates and inspires others.
- Collaborative – Driven to get the best result and win, challenges themselves and others
- Ingenious – An innovative yet objective thinker
- Numerate – with good attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical skills i.e., use research and factual information when solving problems, and come up with well thought through solutions
- Explorer – Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial & commercial acumen
- Minimum of 5 years brand management experience (preferably in a FMCG or pharmaceutical environment) with an extensive exposure to the core Marketing competencies: consumer insight, strategy, budget & planning, promotions management, business & financial management, new product development, digital media, advertising development & an understanding of the trade
- Astute – Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Bachelor’s Commercial degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A