View All Nestlé JobsNestlé
Nestlé is so much more than the world’s #1 food and beverage company. We are committed to helping our communities to live healthier and happier lives, and as such we are looking for a Project Engineer to join our team in Harrismith, Freestate.
As a Factory Project Engineer your responsibility is to manage and perform the design, implementation and start-up phases of capital investment projects on the manufacturing site, within the defined scope of specialisation as well as ensuring that objectives of the investment project charter, design specifications and Nestlé standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Execute the basic and detailed design of the project based on Nestlé Corporate Business Principles, Nestlé standards, local regulations, the defined User Requirements Specifications and the TPM characteristics of a unit operation (safety, quality, affordability, maintainability, operability and reliability). Ensure by design the workers, and operators, safety during both the construction and the ongoing operation of the plant.
- Support the End to End Project Manager and Project Engineering Manager in developing the investment project charter and ensure that it is strictly followed throughout the project.
- Ensure that the engineering side of the project is implemented (e.g. buildings, equipment erections, piping, utilities, etc.) in accordance with the defined timing, cost and quality, the URS and the characteristics of a unit operation. And that all of the elements of the project (including technical people training, as needed) in performed in such a way that safety is always guaranteed on the whole project site and that a vertical start-up is assured. Select and qualify contractors and coordinate their activities. Ensure that Nestlé standards are applied.
- Support the start-up manager and their team to ensure a smooth transition to operations after the qualification and verification of the installation.
- Contribute to and support the preparation and distributing the engineering project documentation, including the engineering part of the project final report and provide feedback to the Maintenance Prevention System.
- Degree/Diploma in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical ideally, Electrical, Mechatronics, or similar)
- Factory operations experiance i.e Design and/shutdown
- Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management accreditation: Technical Instructions & Guidelines Management System ; Sound understanding of contracts, construction law and permitting requirements
- Commitment to a strong work ethic, integrity, honesty, safety, compliance and quality
- 3 years experience in capital investment projects development and implementation in the food industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hammanskraal, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A