View All New Look JobsNew Look
As part of the Sourcing Team you will be the key interface for fabric across New Look working closely with our Supplier partners, Buying, Design and Technical teams to drive and execute the fabric strategy whilst ensuring fabric is fit for purpose, and meets New Look technical standard and requirements.
- As part of the New Look Sourcing team drives margin gain through fabric consolidation and fabric price negotiation.
- Establish and manage a core fabric library including fabric specifications and base test reports.
fabric knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Support Sourcing team to reduce the legacy fabric liability.
- Supports the sustainability team in achieving transparency of the value chain. Including advising and driving the mapping and validation of the fabric related elements e.g. mill spinner and wet processor operations’ environmental and social compliance.
- Works in partnership with garment technical team to support test report approvals and
- Develop and maintain relationships with key mills and garment suppliers.
- Supports the Buying and Design teams’ product strategy by providing relevant fabric market intelligence including regular updates on fluctuations of raw material and fabric prices to support costing process.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Sourcing Manager to drive the company sourcing strategy.
- Conducts fabric training to the Buying and Design teams.
- Risk assessment of fabrics used in volume programs and core seasonal fabrics to ensure suppliers maintain consistency and quality and to ensure meet New Look’s quality and performance standards.
- Research and develop sustainable and ethical sourcing routes for fabrics and yarns whilst supporting the sustainability team in achieving New Looks sustainability targets.
- Set and execute fabric strategy in line with business requirements.
- Awareness of raw material development and prices
- Fabric cost aware to support the open costing process and facilitate negotiation of fair prices.
- Good communicator with internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiation skills
- Computer literate with strong analytical and organization skills
- Knowledge of fabric testing
- Problem solving
- Solid fabric construction knowledge across multiple specialized areas (woven, knits, and yarns)
- Creative and commercial thinker, not being afraid to make decision when required
- Strong understanding of dyeing, printing and finishing techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
Company: New Look
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A