View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
You will be responsible for developing and implementing plans to best support and address any safety risks at this location.This role gives you the opportunity to partner collaboratively with your broader Safety team around the US, Operations, Legal, Human Resources, etc and you will be the subject matter expert to the Operation leadership team on site. You must have a strong working knowledge of safety and people leadership experience as you will be supporting an onsite Safety Coordinator and onsite consultant nurse and occupational therapist.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all state/federal safety and fire laws.
- Work with Engineering/Facilities teams in advance of new equipment and processes
- Inspect building on a regular basis to identify potential safety and health hazards including conducting safety audits of the facility
- Ensure the correct safety equipment and signage is on site, the necessary training is complete, and equipment is used properly throughout the building
- Evaluate and investigate incident and accident trends
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures for the Safety Program to ensure a safe and healthful building.
- Bachelor’s degree desired (or years of equivalent experience); Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene or related field highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of direct safety management of others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Currently holds, or is actively working towards, one of the following professional certifications: GSP, ASP, and/or CSP; CSP preferred
- Strong organization, time management, and written communication skills
- Competency in the basic use and application of safety instruments
- Experience in Safety or Occupational Safety and Health for 3 to 5 years (preferred)
- Experience working effectively as a team member by attentively listening to and sharing information with others to facilitate a cooperative work environment
- The ability to work with little direction and resourceful with good problem-solving skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Iowa City , IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A