View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
At Nordstrom, we strive for engineering excellence and the Industrial Engineer 2, Supply Chain contributes to that by applying industrial engineering discipline and tasks on both established and new processes, systems and equipment. This person will partner with our Supply Chain Operations leadership and associates within our Midwest Fulfillment Center and should have advanced understanding and application of end-to-end industrial engineering discipline, processes and tools.
- Create and deliver AutoCad Layout for moderately scaled space planning and process design
- Use data to report status, performance and define issues
- Develop ideas and concepts to translate to continuous improvement ideas, cost/benefit analysis and change initiatives for small to medium (~<$250K) scope projects
- Develop skills in discrete simulation and capacity analysis
- Develop a level of understanding to work with technical documentation, including architectural, mechanical, electrical and software to assess designs and issues as required, with guidance from supervisor
- Establish Standard Work
- Conduct Time & Motion Studies and approve labor standards
- Work with business partners to deliver space planning ideas
- Outline alternatives for processes, equipment and system design
- Analyze and evaluate methods for optimal operations
- Provide accurate analysis and consideration of alternatives and outcomes
- Provide design input for granular level components
- Proficient practice of Industrial Engineering discipline and tasks on estabished and new process, system and equipment.
- Strong understanding and application of end-to-end Industrial Engineering discipline, processes and tools.
- Experience interacting and communicating clearly/concisely with senior leadership
- Minimum of 3 years’ Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Prior experience with Supply Chain Distribution/Fulfillment (eComm) environment desired
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Iowa City , IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A