View All Nordstrom JobsNordstrom
The team for this role is located in Seattle. If you are already located in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles, you can work remotely from that location. However, if you are located elsewhere, you must be open to relocating to Seattle once employees return to the office.
An Engineer 2 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. The scope, responsibility and accountability is at the function level.
As a member of the team, you’ll be driving design, working with other teams, and evolving our definition of best practices. We’re committed to creating an environment where great people, attention to quality code and solid engineering practices makes excellence and fun inevitable. Join us if you’re ready to iterate, learn, and move fast.
- Analyze data and create feedback loop so features and bug fixes’ quality and usefulness are understood once deployed in production
- Maintain high level of coding and testing standards
- Analyze service errors and outages in production to improve quality of service to meet SLA
- Participate in design reviews of owned service and provide valuable feedback
- Design, implement, validate and deploy new features or bug fixes for owned service
- Collaborate with peer engineers, program manager and product manager in bringing a feature to fruition
- Proficiency with both relational and NoSQL data sources.
- Knowledge of Streaming using Kafka/Kinesis equivalent is big plus.
- Experience working with test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience collaborating with other disciplines (program management and product management) to deliver features.
- 2+ years of relevant experience designing and implementing medium sized components of distributed systems using cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Solid foundation in software engineering practices, data modeling, objected oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms.
- 2+ years of experience using Java or other modern programing languages.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A