- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip. Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to established standards.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
- Alerts store leaders immediately if any animal, reptile, bird or fish is in need of medical attention or other special care.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on company interests.
- Ensures that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean, safe, and secure, and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health.
- Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart,
- Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
- Assists store leadership in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
- Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Participates in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience.
- A qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, and above average communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A