- The position is designed to assess partners that want move into the Pet Stylist Apprentice Program. In this position the incumbent will provide basic salon services, customer service and administrative tasks as necessary. This job is composed of tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager, General Manager or Pet Stylist. This position is to prepare you for Petco’s Pet Stylist Apprentice position, where you will be taught a skill in the art of professional pet styling.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
- Interest in animal welfare
- Move animals up to 30 pounds
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time.
- A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the GSM and other salon partners.
- The work environment can be noisy and wet.
Qualification & Experience:
- A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate basic knowledge in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A