View All Postmates JobsPostmates Inc
Postmates is looking for an Insurance Claims Specialist to support our Legal and Finance teams with tracking and responding to insurance claims reporting, and case management. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, efficient, and organized. Prior insurance experience is required, ideally with auto insurance claims, with an understanding of injury and property damage claims.
Your primary responsibility will be to assess incoming reports of insurance claims reported by members of our Fleet, third parties, and/or insurance companies. You will also work collaboratively with our Trust & Safety, Legal team to review safety incidents that result in theft and property damage claims. Your role will require high levels of independent work, resourcefulness, and strong attention to detail. You will also need to work collaboratively and take direction easily as we are always improving and updating our processes. A sense of humor is always a plus as we deal with escalated scenarios.
- Oversee entire lifecycle of assigned claims following established claims handling strategies
- Help develop and implement product and Help Center changes to ensure a positive user experience when accidents occur and promote self-service on our platform
- Work directly with TPA and broker to investigate and expedite claims
- Manage and oversee the DocuSign, Google/ Excel spreadsheets, and Box Folders to ensure streamlined classification.
- Work cross-functionally with all support departments to investigate Auto, General Liability, Worker Compensation, and Occupational Accident claims.
- Actively participate and proactively drive improvements
- Ensure timely and appropriate investigation, evaluation, and reporting of claims
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty
- Positive outlook and optimism in the face of challenges and negative situations
- Additional proficiency with Google Apps, Box, Microsoft Office, Zendesk, and DocuSign
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 3+ years in insurance claims management, Trust and Safety, Fraud, Risk Management, or related role
- Ability to balance attention with swift execution
- Experience handling high priority escalations and working cross-functionally promptly to provide resolutions
- Highly organized, analytical and comfortable in high volume claims environment
- Enthusiasm for Insurance
- Excellent listening, communication, verbal, and writing (documentation) skills
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work on the day to day cases
Company: Postmates Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A