View All Postmates JobsPostmates Inc
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
Postmates moves cities and you’ll be at the forefront of demonstrating how. As a Merchant Analyst, you will help us unlock insights from an enormous trove of consumer, commerce, and logistics datasets.
- You will use your full toolkit — SQL query writing, data analysis, data synthesis — to report out what’s happening and recommend what to do next.
- You’ll lead in the development of reports and analyses designed to support a rapidly evolving business with limited comparables or precedents.
- You will partner with Product & Engineering to surface insights and influence how the broader organization thinks about our merchants.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically — the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- Experience with data tools — SQL, dashboarding tools (e.g. Chartio) — as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- Demonstrated experience in translating data into decision-ready insights
- 2+ years of applied experience executing analysis, communicating results, & developing metrics that matter
- A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- SQL is a must — every analysis starts with “go get some data”
Company: Postmates Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A