Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met.
- Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in the facilitation of monthly safety meetings.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitehall, PA
Application Deadline: N/A