- Manage administrative functions of the Construction Department exercising discretion and judgment in all aspects of the job. Responsible for the monitoring and coordination of all aspects of the project development/construction schedule for new stores, remodels, special projects, and contract close outs. Serve as liaison to outside departments, vendors and various industry contacts. Maintain a well-organized and efficient department ensuring that all day-to-day activities are resolved.
- Verification of all Application/Certificates for payment and invoices from contractors and vendors ensuring proper documentation for back up including lien waivers
- Accurately prepare established industry standard construction documents for new store and remodel projects
- Follow-up with Construction Managers on completion of utility forms, possession dates, finish schedules, and property insurance forms
- Interface with Property Administration for all reimbursable construction allowances for new stores
- Responsible for ensuring that all respective vendors receive plans for all projects so that proper bids and contracts can be received and reviewed in a timely manner
- Prepare invoices and payment applications according to department policy and procedure for approval by the Construction Manager and Director
- Monitor new store signage to include status reporting and day-to-day telephone contact with vendor for all new and existing stores
- Respond to all inquiries from potential contractors, architects and vendors interested in placement on Ross pre-qualified bidders list by region
- Responsible for communicating information concerning new store construction throughout the organization. Interface with Architecture, Facilities, Real Estate, and Store Planning in gathering and providing information necessary to facilitate on-time store openings
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the project development schedule
- Understand and accurately track construction costs and change order requests
- Promptly and accurately respond to verbal and written communication from the VP Construction, Directors of Construction, all Construction Managers, Contractors and Vendors
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate cost spreadsheet summaries for all projects
- Independently compose/draft correspondence for issuance to management and outside parties as required
- Coordinate all legal closeout documentation for all projects, ensuring all items are in order for final completion, acting as a liaison with respective landlords and contractors
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Qualification & Experience:
- Superior analytical skills both mathematical and problem solving
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel
- 1 – 2 years of previous general clerical and office experience
- Previous experience and knowledge preferred in working with established industry standard construction contract and bid documents
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, work independently with excellent organizational/follow-up skills
- Able to type 45 WPM with accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously, balance ongoing duties with several special projects and perform accurately and professionally under pressure with very short deadlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A