The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
- Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle tables, Men’s/Women’s 4-way features, and specialty racks.
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Teaches all Associates the “Scan and Bag” best practice.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged and ticketed.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End area.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: California, MD
Application Deadline: N/A