The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) is responsible for protecting the assets of Ross Stores, Inc. while achieving shortage and safety goals for assigned stores/district(s)/area. This is done by managing, promoting, and directing all Loss Prevention initiatives and programs within the assigned group of stores and by developing and maintaining strong partnerships at the store, district, and zone levels. Through effective Operations and Human Resources partnerships, the ALPM implements company-driven shortage and safety solutions while providing regular direction and leadership to minimize operational shortage, mitigate theft and fraud, and maintain safe and secure environments for Ross associates and customers. At times, the ALPM will also work with other cross-functional groups to ensure integrated solutions positively impact shortage control and accident reduction initiatives. In partnership with Store Managers, ALPMs share supervisory responsibility for store-based Loss Prevention associates (Store Protection Specialists or SPS) and are involved in the ongoing hiring, training, development, and performance management of this team. Periodically, ALPMs may need to support the response to, recovery from, and future prevention of serious incidents within assigned market.
- Drive resolution and case closure on all internal and external investigations, including timely follow up on internal leads from the corporate
- Investigative Analyst team or the Alertline process and external intelligence from other retailers or law enforcement groups regarding current market theft trends.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with corporate Loss Prevention partners and field-based peers; share current store/market trends and provide feedback on current or proposed initiatives.
- Drive an impactful and effective SPS program by participating in store efforts to hire, train, and develop SPS associates in assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality thorough internal investigations; partner with store/district leadership and Human Resources to address associate behavior and take corrective actions.
- Coach, train, and influence store leadership and associates on best practice execution to minimize operational shortage.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of top talent for store-based Loss Prevention positions; in partnership with store management, support the onboarding, ongoing training and development, and performance management of SPS associates in assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Aggressively identify, investigate, and resolve all internal and external theft and fraud, striving to minimize the impact of loss to the company and address new types of theft and fraud.
- Support assigned stores/district(s)/area during annual (and/or semi-annual) inventory process.
- Maximize utilization of all available merchandise protection tools and resources (including EAS, domes, alarm equipment, fitting room controls, shortage highway, etc.) to address loss in stores and throughout the company.
- Leverage exception and store reporting systems to identify theft activity (including cash shortage) in assigned stores.
- Promote shortage awareness through store programs (i.e. Shortage Highway) and ensure current Loss Prevention Awareness Center is visible to associates.
- Foster regular working partnerships with other internal organizations to drive integrated solutions for shortage control and accident reduction initiatives.
- Strictly adhere to all budget guidelines established in stores/district(s)/area.
- Ensure all Loss Prevention shortage audits are conducted consistently and objectively, with a focus on continuous improvement through partnership and training.
- Ensure consistent execution of all deterrence resources/tools to proactively combat external loss.
- Drive a performance management culture by detecting opportunities for improvement in individual, team, and store performance; influence change in less-than-optimal behaviors before they become ingrained.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- BA degree or greater, preferably in Business or Criminal Justice.
- 5+ years directly-related, multi-unit Loss Prevention and/or Retail work experience.
- Experience in driving successful loss prevention, shortage control, accident reduction and fraud prevention programs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brookshire, TX
Application Deadline: N/A