Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
- Assists with Associate Relations issues by communicating any incidents to the Store Manager or District Manager as needed.
- Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness and Store shortage goals.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Fluency in English.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA
Application Deadline: N/A