The Manager of Strategy will be responsible for leading various workstreams and analyses to support business functions and senior executives at Ross Stores. They will be an integral part of the business, interacting frequently with operators, merchants, functional leaders and other cross-functional teams. They will be expected to participate in multiple projects simultaneously, working with different members of the Strategy team as well as different cross-functional partners.
- Present materials and lead discussions with executives for data gathering and solution development.
- Coordinate analysis for select cross-functional initiatives (e.g. new format improvement, roll-out strategy for new opportunities). Requires working closely with store ops, DCs, planning, allocations, and other business areas.
- Understand the off-price business and diagnose key business problems.
- Create and execute plans to gather data and develop practical solutions through qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Conduct analysis – including pulling data, building models and analyzing financial, operational or statistical data – to support key strategic priorities for the Company (working in conjunction with Strategy team members and other key senior executives).
- Develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g., Board meetings, Buyer meetings, Operating Committee meetings, Strategic off-sites, etc.)
- Strong fundamental business skills: must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient.
- Detail-oriented approach: Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right.
- Teamwork/Communication: Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within and outside the Strategy team. Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with executives at all levels of the company.
- College degree and MBA.
- Minimum 3 years post college experience, preferably in an analytical environment, corporate strategy role, or financial services firm.
- Outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to structure problems.
- Project management: Must be able to set priorities between multiple projects and deadlines, and keep manager updated frequently.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A