Responsible for all aspects of the Stores’ operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District Manager as needed.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Fluency in English.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA
Application Deadline: N/A