View All Royal Mail JobsRoyal Mail
The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Cutting edge technology is fundamental and key in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in both the UK and across Europe.
Our award-winning Technology team is at the heart of delivering a transformational journey at Royal Mail. The traditional letters business is declining, but our recent performance and the growth in parcels demonstrates that there is an opportunity for Royal Mail that we can capture, but we need to move quickly. By joining Royal Mail you will be helping to implement meaningful change, pushing forward with our transformation to become a more agile and even more customer focused business, while delivering more innovation, products and services for our customers. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
- Understand the high level E2E business and technical requirements and intended implementation.
- Coordinate and arrange necessary test resources and infrastructure for testing
- Liaise with technical architects and technical leads for required technical support during the planning, execution and evaluation of the testing
- Work with different internal technical groups and vendors to ensure sufficient test coverage and quality.
- Take responsibility for ensuring testing methods, process and plans will provide enough assurance for projects of £1m – £3M in value
- Identify new opportunities for test automation. Design and create automated test scripts wherever possible
- Execute the overall test approach for end-to-end application solutions and manage the execution of the testing. Including; Unit, System Integration, User
- Acceptance, Pre-Production, Volume, Regression, Penetration and Operational and Functional Acceptance test
- Educate stakeholders in Agile ways of working and the benefits of iterative software delivery
- Define the correct and appropriate utilisation of testing tools for each project or Programme as directed by management
- Ensure projects and programme testing is conducted in line with the in-house methodology,
- Act as a point of contact for the quality of the solution as required
- Support scoping and estimation of effort for each user story added to the Product backlog
Qualification & Experience:
- Exposure to Continuous integration and development. Exposure to working with offshore partners is desirable.
- Agile training/qualifications or experience incl. Scrum, Kanban and Test Driven Development. Formal certification (e.g. ISEB / CAT) would be advantageous
- Experience of going through the transformation from Waterfall to Agile delivery methodologies
- Experience of working with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Technologies, Gherkin, Cucumber, Specflow, Selenuim, Java, .NET, Appium, Jmeter, Load Runner are advantageous
- A strong knowledge of testing methodologies, industry standards, and tools; evidenced through deep technology testing experience as well as demonstrable test management experience.
- Core Agile and waterfall project management skills
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A