The Cyber Security Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the analysis and dimensioning of cyber security risks to senior stakeholders within Royal Mail. To succeed you needs to be able to support the correct identification, dimensioning and classification of risks and ensure that they are up to date in terms of threats. You will need to ensure that Royal Mail controls are in place to mitigate them, . This is required across several areas of the business that and will involve engaging with middle and senior leaders. The role is also responsible for supporting and ensuring that cyber security risks are fully incorporated into the wider risk framework including GDPR, Operational Risk and the Board level Risk Appetite.
- Provide guidance to support the delivery of projects and work streams to enable the delivery of our 5-year Cyber strategy and transformation programme, and ensure that risks are being managed in line with the Board’s Risk appetite.
- Influence and negotiate skills to build trust and confidence at mid and senior levels in the Group, and use judgement to make risk based recommendations and decisions within parameters.
- Show demonstrable ability to clearly represent Cyber Risks within the business in both verbal, written, and presentational form. Have clear ability to innovate and tailor messaging and delivery methods for different audiences.
- Use strong analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture and apply the relevant detail to it. Have the ability to cut through the noise and provide clear and appropriate recommendations and direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Visio
- Willing to learn and gain further experience.
- Reasonable understanding of risk assessment and management methodologies.
- Reasonable understanding of Cyber security management and practices.
- The will to succeed in support of the business’ goals and to align potentially competing agendas to effectively manage Cyber security risk within the business risk appetite.
- Agility of thought and comfort with complexity, together with the patience and resilience to overcome change inertia.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A