View All Royal Mail JobsRoyal Mail
- Royal Mail have an exciting opportunity for a new Engineering Team Coach to join the team at Manchester Mail Centre on the Night shift.
- As part of the Night Shift operation; leading a team of 4 engineers, you’ll ensure the safe and efficient running of a variety of automated machines, hardware, and software off and on site.
- Working collaboratively with the Shift Manager, their team and the machine operators, you’ll identify risks and ensure any faults are resolved in a timely manner ensuring contingency arrangements where needed. In addition, you’ll ensure regular maintenance is carried out in line with operational needs and provide effective and efficient support to the Maintenance Team Leader and local and regional maintenance management team, data gathering for end of shift reports, fault logging on SDMM, root cause analysis, and input to the engineering end of Shift Report.
- You’ll provide leadership, coaching and support to all elements of the Night Shift, the handover from the Late Shift and then onto the Early Shift. You’ll conduct performance reviews, and implement and arrange relevant training and coaching on an ongoing basis. Under your guidance, the Maintenance Team within the Late Shift operation will meet and exceed Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), KPIs and efficiency/cost measures, all whilst working within health and safety guidelines.
- We are looking for an experienced electro-mechanical engineer with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure. You must be able to show resilience and have excellent stakeholder management to relay messages to different employees at all levels of the business.
- You must possess excellent communication skills and strong leadership and inter-personal skills with the ability to coach and develop your team members. The ETC role is a leadership/coaching role with extensive hands on and practical experience a most in both electrical & mechanical disciplines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ideally you will hold a recognised qualification in electro-mechanical engineering (min ONC level or equivalent), or have significant experience in this field. You would also ideally be registered with a recognised engineering institute and EC registered or willing to obtain. Additionally, IET wiring regulations and electrical test qualification (C&G 2391 & 2392) preferable, but not essential.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnley, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A