View All Sainsbury's JobsSainsbury's
- Reporting to the Senior Digital Trading Manager, the Trading Manager is accountable for owning and driving the performance and growth of their categories across digital channels, ensuring that our category strategies are brilliantly executed within our customer missions. The dynamic and fast moving nature of this role will require confidence, resilience, and sound commercial judgement in order to prioritise and deal effectively with fast changing scenarios and opportunities. The role holder will utilise their influencing skills to ensure that the digital trading team acts and works effectively with colleagues across Marketing, Digital and Commercial and operations, utilising all available tools and insights in order to contribute to driving and developing the strategy for their division.
- Build strong relationships with key shared insight suppliers, ensuring your teams JBPs are stretching but achievable, and supporting them in ensuring existing income is maintained and further opportunities for incremental investment are highlighted.
- Work closely with the Commercial Trading leadership teams to ensure scope of digital trading is understood, ways of working are clearly established, and lines of communication are clear. Ensure you/ your team play a key role in promotional and category planning activities utilising data, analytics and insights from relevant tools and reporting.
- Ensure your team are utilising all of the tools and insights available to them to improve digital metrics and commercial outcomes
- Ensure trading improvement opportunities and risks are identified and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive digital strategy across your categories of responsibility. Drive improvements in digital sales growth and participation improvements in line with business targets for your trading division.
- Ensure that across your team there are high levels of competitor awareness for their categories and customer experience enhancements regularly monitored and communicated
- Lead, coach & develop the team ensuring they understand the overall digital strategy along with their part in achieving the strategy. Ensure targets are clear and reporting against these targets is consistent.
- Ensure appropriate training needs are identified, stretch and develop your team building capabilities and creating an inclusive, collaborative and proactive working environment.
- Within your team prioritise your resource and alignment to identify and prioritise projects and activities for activation across digital channels.
- Encourage an insight driven culture within your digital trading team to ensure a continuous improvement programme exists across the team along with strong examples of ‘test and learn’ activities
- Work closely with Customer and Trade Planning, Content and Merchandising, Nectar360, Product, Digital Operations Centre and Argos GM teams (where applicable) to support efficient and on time delivery of the content plan / initiatives.
- Attend key Food Commercial SLTs, cascades, relevant away days and CRMs, sharing performance updates and helping shape commercial strategy.
- Ensure team are working within all legal frameworks
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about e-commerce within retail.
- You have a high level of customer focus and ability to work with others to achieve business objectives whilst delivering optimum customer experience.
- You drive a ‘digital mindset’ shift across commercial and your key supply base, engaging your team, and the functions you work closely with.
- You have strong analytical and numerical capability and are able to develop robust strategies and recommendations, based on data & insight.
- You will be a confident decision maker and use sound commercial judgement, to prioritise, communicate and deal effectively with fast changing scenarios.
- You are great at building strong relationships with key stakeholders within e-Commerce, Digital division and other relevant areas within the business, influencing outcomes for your unit.
- You are a credible communicator, with the ability to influence on a number of levels both internally and with external suppliers
- You understand how the retail business works and how each division interact and operate. (Ideally with experience)
- You are able to challenge stakeholders utilising strong argument and actionable insights.
- You are committed to personal and team development
Qualification & Experience:
- Technology and access to all necessary tools for you and your team along with flexible working arrangements in order to be most effective.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A