View All Sainsbury's JobsSainsbury's
As a Financial Accountant you will produce OneTech Finance management account/reporting outputs to support decision making used to drive business performance. You will be responsible for accurate reporting and balance sheet reconciliations of the business. This is a interesting role which will allow you to Identify and implement opportunities to improve accounting, reporting and planning processes and outputs.
- Support the Half Year (HY) and Full Year (FY) deliverables for OneTech
- Recruit and develop a strong team with ability for moving into other finance roles as opportunities
- Ownership and completion of periodic Balance Sheet account reconciliations and timely reporting of risks/opportunities
- Execute OneTech accounting processes in the core finance systems and validate outputs to drive completion of accurate and representative financial statements in line with the agreed deadlines and quality standards.
- Work closely with the OneTech Business Partnering team, building strong working relationships
- Review processes within the Team with a view to improving efficiency and accuracy of data, approaching with a continuous improvement ethos.
- Lead and motivate a team of 2 direct reports to manage the OneTech accounting process for both OPEX and CAPEX, ensuring processing of journals each period is timely and in accordance with Group Policy for both the JSIS and Argos entities.
- Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- High level of energy and drive
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Experience of maintaining strong financial controls
- Strong team supervisory skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Finalist/Qualified accountant, including experience ideally within retail or an equivalent fast-moving business
- Attention to detail
- Ideally experience of the Oracle/Blackline systems but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A