View All San Diego Zoo JobsSan Diego Zoo Global
The Business Systems Analyst supports San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s Mission of ending extinction. This role is responsible for analyzing complex business problems and identifying automated solutions using technical expertise. This position reports to the Application Systems Support Manager.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams to develop improved processes and communication in support of business initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Responsible for updating policies and procedures as a result of new automated solutions and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Determine organizational operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Collaborate with global process owners on issue resolution and process design improvements.
- Responsible for managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent industry knowledge and expertise required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Experience developing processes and operating procedures to improve an organization’s operational efficiency to achieve better performance required.
- Able to handle highly complex situations and issues with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated analytical background.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills to evaluate different software and hardware options.
- Must have at least 4 years of demonstrated project management experience in an enterprise environment.
- Able to operate highly complex computer systems and programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Administration preferred. Or
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams and external customers to deliver business solutions.
- Project Management Professional Certification or within 1-1/2 years
- Effective customer relations and negotiation skills.
- Must have experience working with management to improve operating procedures, reduce costs and alleviate inefficiencies.
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A