View All Screwfix JobsScrewfix
The Category Supply Manager will work in collaboration with their Market team to prepare category stock plans, agree purchasing requirements including seasonal and promotional, manage stock exit and also work in collaboration with their supply chain and central planning teams to optimise and maximise availability and stock turn. The Category Supply Manager is also responsible for managing a team.
- Building relationships internally with key stakeholders and externally with suppliers, you will be expected to maintain strong, collaborative relationships, and influence this network to deliver success.
- Deputise for Senior Supply Chain Manager (where required)
- Overall responsibility for the supply chain category plan
- Management of strategic vendors in conjunction with supply and market teams
- Accountable for implementing core range change, seasonal and promotional campaigns effectively, utilising detailed forecast analysis and strong commercial judgement.
- Line management for a team of DC, TC and ORE Planners taking responsibility for setting objectives, managing performance, supporting development and ensuring a consistent approach
- Take an active role with project and development opportunities
- Own category stock health, reviewing and optimising budgets, minimising stock provision and increasing stock turn
- Manage the promotional lifecycle of ranges ensuring stocks of existing / previous promotions are cleared before enabling the market team to make commitments for new purchases
- Work with the market and store operation teams to propose and drive efficiencies in ranging to improve customer service
- Forecast the physical requirement of stock based on the sales forecast including any promotional or seasonal purchases and store requirements
- Accountable for maintaining category availability across a multi-channel retail operation
- Experienced in forecasting for promotions and product life cycle management
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Prior experience of team management
- Managing stock turn and implementing inventory strategies
- Previous experience in financial modelling, developing commercial plans and managing stock exit plans
- A proven track record of high performance through delivering results and achieving targets
- Experience working in a fast paced and high-pressured environment
- Excellent excel skills (pivot tables/v look ups) and numerically competent
- Prior merchandising experience within a major retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders across different business functions and be comfortable presenting to Senior Managers
Vacancy Type: Part-time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A