- “The Network Data Science & Software team, part of Sky’s Engineering Division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning goals, including capacity planning, performance planning and network economics. We develop insights which reinforce planning decisions or support wider commercial objectives” – Strategy & Planning Manager
- Develop software systems and tools using industry standard frameworks to achieve network analytics and modelling objectives.
- Actively participate in the development of engineering roadmaps bringing together network technology evolution, network economics, network performance, and business and customer critical metrics.
- Translate into code (software models) infrastructure designs and capacity management process using your knowledge in networks and your understanding of business challenges.
- Explore, evaluate and capitalise on risks and opportunities related to Internet Service Provider infrastructure technologies.
- Develop and support the ingestion, processing and analysis of data (pipelines) for modelling, reporting, visualisation and business intelligence purposes.
- Develop automation scripts to enable systems integration and process improvement.
- Solid grasp of telecommunication networks. Genuine interest on Broadband (ISP) technology. Keep on top of technology developments in the industry.
- Telecom industry experience (or similar, e.g. academia). BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Strong programming skills (ideally in Python) and SQL knowledge awareness are a must.
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative, proactive and join-the-dots approach.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Degree in networks, computer science or similar.
- Knowledge of web frameworks (Django), Cloud environments (Google Cloud and/or Amazon AWS), DevOps (Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD) and Agile principles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A