Website Smart & Final
- The Part-Time Associate reports to the Store Manager and performs management-assigned duties, which may include but may not be limited to receiving inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a cash register, carry-out services and store cleaning.
- Cleans and maintains sanitation standards in all interior and exterior areas of store and parking lot as directed by store management.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties. Records lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate tools.
- Maintain a store section as assigned and may order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment, assures proper pricing on merchandise, checks product date codes to validate proper rotation, stocks shelves, end displays, floor stacks, displays and refrigerated/frozen cases. May prepare perishable products for sale. Sets up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information. When requested, loads customer purchases by assisting customers to their vehicles.
- Operates a cash register, receives payment from customers, and makes change or processes check/charge/debit transactions. Processes cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management. Verifies customer eligibility when selling alcoholic beverages.
- codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Basic PC/Outlook skills preferred.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to read and write English, interact with general public and co-workers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, product labels, product pricing
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Company: Smart & Final
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A