View All SONIC JobsSONIC Drive-In
As a SONIC Carhop, you are part of an elite group, filling a role offered by no other company. Being a Carhop (aka super cool food server) is like being an astronaut, only you work in a drive-in restaurant instead of space, and the food’s way better. You’re responsible for serving and delivering that food safely and efficiently, ensuring our guests have a truly out-of-this-world experience at SONIC Drive-In restaurants.
- Making accurate change quickly and efficiently for restaurant guests
- Skating Carhop servers must complete the SONIC Skating Training Program.
- Upon successful completion of this program, Skating Carhops perform the above duties while roller skating.
- Depending upon the employment practices of the individual SONIC Drive-In restaurant owner, some SONIC Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhop servers:
- Skating Carhop servers are unique to the SONIC Drive-In restaurant brand and bring a special “surprise and delight” element to the guest experience.
- Greeting all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile
- Ensuring that all restaurant menu items meet operational standards
- Clearing trays from our guests’ cars
- Carrying and balancing a tray weighing up to 25 pounds
- Serving our guests in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
- Roller skate proficiently and frequently on various surfaces when delivering food
- Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Successfully completed assigned SONIC Skating Training Program
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
- Ability to continuously stand, balance and carry a tray, and sweep while roller skating
Company: SONIC Drive-In
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Laredo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A