View All Staples JobsStaples
- Deliver office supplies on assigned route to Staples Advantage customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolution and accepting product returns as required. Mobile POD experience would be an asset, but not required.
- Organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule.
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries.
- Delivering product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd Floor, Receiving or Reception etc) obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork.
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse. Place product in return area with appropriate documentation.
- Update manifest with reason codes.
- Address and resolve customer problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be a team player
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions safely
- Must have a good driving record
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Interpersonal skills a plus
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Ability to lift, push or pull items weighing 70 pounds on occasion up to 100 pounds, navigate and read a map
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Excellent customer service skills and dealing with customers face-to-face
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to obtain a 6 month minimum DOT medical card
- Must have a valid driver’s license (no “major moving violations” as described in the employment application
- supplement and in accordance with applicable state law)
- 1 – 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Knowledge of safe work practices
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight truck
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Providence, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A