View All Staples JobsStaples
- Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state–of–the–art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
- If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment-
- The Staples Controls and Automation Group (CAG) is the primary driver of innovation within the Staples North American delivery network. The CAG Engineers have a wide variety of skills including software engineering, controls engineering, electrical engineering, systems design, problem solving, communication and leadership skills. They are part of diverse teams, with members from many different departments, so they must be able to gain the trust of others and work well in a team environment to ensure successful completion of high profile projects.
- Perform on-site commissioning support when required.
- Working with multiple cross functional engineers to bring a solution from concept to reality.
- Develop and debug controls system software.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Perform necessary electrical field wiring.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to integrate conveyor control solutions, automated material handling equipment, and autonomous vehicles.
- Perform necessary mechanical installation when required.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in controls and electrical engineering.
- Create and maintain electrical schematic drawings.
- Ability to Lead and/or assist in project definition, specification, purchasing follow-through to installation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.
- Job will require up to a maximum of 50% travel.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in: Controls Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in control systems engineering with a Bachelors degree or 3+ years with a Masters degree.
- Familiarity with the following programming languages: Ladder Logic, C#
- Familiarity with the following software platforms: Studio 5000/RS Logic, Factory Talk View, and Auto CAD.
- Understanding of servo drive and VFD functionality.
- Working knowledge of industrial control systems equipment.
- Motion control experience.
- SQL Management experience.
- Understanding of computer networking concepts and architecture
- Warehouse operations management experience or experience with warehouse management and/or execution systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Bedford, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A