View All Staples JobsStaples
The Staples Controls and Automation Group (CAG) is the primary driver of innovation within the Staples North American delivery network. The CAG Engineers have a wide variety of skills including software engineering, controls engineering, electrical engineering, systems design, problem solving, communication and leadership skills. They are part of diverse teams, with members from many different departments, so they must be able to gain the trust of others and work well in a team environment to ensure successful completion of high profile projects.
- Develop and debug controls system software.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in controls and electrical engineering.
- Perform on-site commissioning support when required.
- Perform necessary electrical field wiring.
- Perform necessary mechanical installation when required.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Working with multiple cross functional engineers to bring a solution from concept to reality.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to integrate conveyer control solutions, automated material handling equipment, and autonomous vehicles.
- Create and maintain electrical schematic drawings.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to Lead and/or assist in project definition, specification, purchasing follow-through to installation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.
- Job will require up to a maximum of 50% travel.
- Bachelors or Masters in: Controls Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in control systems engineering with a Bachelors degree or 3+ years with a Masters degree.
- Familiarity with the following programming languages: Ladder Logic, C#
- Familiarity with the following software platforms: Studio 5000/RSLogix, FactoryTalk View, and AutoCAD.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A