As a Delivery Driver, you will transport products safely and deliver office supplies on your assigned route to customers. At times, depending on volume, you will load your truck.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
You will organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule. You will be a problem solver for our customers; providing customer support, accepting product returns and will be empowered to make your customers’ day. You’re our brand on wheels!
You will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
- Ability to lift, push and pull items weighing 70 pounds, on occasion up to 100 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues
- An ability to use technology including GPS and mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience (operating a 16ft or longer straight truck) or comparable driving experience
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record indicating a safe driving history acceptable to the company and at all times remain eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle under applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen to the extent legally permissible
- Must obtain a 6-month DOT medical card specific to the role
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- High volume / small package delivery experience
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- As a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- An ability to be a safe and courteous driver who can navigate your way around a map and all kinds of weather and road conditions
- An ability to make sound decisions, be it driving, parking, safety related and/or customer interaction related
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, NY
Application Deadline: N/A