Leads Special Order Account Services team to maximize / enhance customer relationship and experience. Acts as expert/resource for team to assist in implementing best customer solution based upon customer requirements while maximizing account profitability. Manages team at direction of SPP Manager Special Order in his/her absence.
- Determine applicable pricing application for large volume orders / complex accounts. Source products/negotiate cost to meet the customers specific needs for non-program merchandise, special events, etc.
- Facilitate cross functional teams to implement customer expectations/requirements; negotiate and resolve customer complaints.
- Mentor / coach / develop account services team. Trains new associates; resource in resolution of complex customer / supplier solutions and account management errors. Assess associate performance, provide input regarding associate performance expectations and results.
- Partner with sales to execute account strategy and to insure seamless interactions with account services team; analyze data on usage / order history to identify new penetration opportunities and maximize account profitability.
- Assigned to projects leading to process improvement, system enhancements and customer experience.
- Represent Staples at customer and corporate trade shows, participate in customer account presentations and business reviews.
- Proficient use of Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and industry experience with ESP or SAGE is required.
- Superior organizational skills with capacity to manage a larger than average book of business and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior “strategic business sense” skills to include math aptitude, salesmanship, profitability analysis, sound judgment, problem solving and attention to detail
- Elite customer service and expert promotional products merchandising and purchasing skills (including superior negotiation) are required.
- Highly proficient business communication skills, both written and verbal are required, as well as the ability to discern message content based on the recipient.
- 1-2 years of supervisory/project lead experience
- 4-6 years of experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Overland Park, KS
Application Deadline: N/A