As a Maintenance Technician 3 you will perform preventative and on-demand maintenance on electrical motors, material handling equipment, propane torches, man-lift, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, grinders, electrical test equipment and ladders as well as lift equipment jacks, chargers, and batteries. In addition, you will perform general building and conveyor maintenance, light plumbing, carpentry, painting and other assignments as needed. You will assist and relay directions from supervisor to other technicians and assistants.
In this role, you will utilize your strong technical and working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, energy management, hydraulics, material handling equipment, and conveyor systems to keep the Fulfillment Center running smoothly through all shifts.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace our safety culture.
In this role you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written)
- As a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business need
- An ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving
- An ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices
- Ability to work at heights up to 60 feet or more as needed
- An ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- An ability to be trained and MHE certified to operate power material handling equipment, i.e. Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, etc.
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues
- An ability to be comfortable working in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience
- Ability to pass a drug screen to the extent permissible legally
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A