The Warehouse Fulfillment Center Supervisor will partner with the other Fulfillment Center leadership to accomplish three goals; to delight customers with outstanding service that exceeds their expectations, to drive cost out of the organization by creating a process and executing a plan which creates efficiency so the team can stay on task and to honor our associates ensuring that their experience tomorrow is even better than today.
In this role, you will motivate and manage hourly associates to achieve performance goals, productivity, accuracy and quality control standards. You will lead your team in ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly planning of your departments. You will make recommendations and improvements to department processes and procedures, participate in the hiring, training and coaching of associates and use operational reports to evaluate department performance and ensure expectations are met. You will collaborate with the Fulfillment Center Team Manager and the other management of the Fulfillment Center to operate within all guidelines and partner for success.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In your role as a leader, you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
- An ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to pass a drug screen to the extent legally permissible
- An understanding of and ability to use Fulfilment/Distribution technology (i.e. WMS where appropriate, hardware and software components)
- An ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 1 year of experience working in a warehouse environment
- An ability to accurately calculate and plan and adjust headcount required to meet department’s objectives
- An ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of your team, at all levels to ensure successful customer outcomes
- An ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving
- An ability to be comfortable working in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, NY
Application Deadline: N/A