View All State Farm JobsState Farm
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Mid Level -Software Developer (Java/DevOps) to join our Life Modernization’s DevOps product team which is responsible for platform alignment, environment management, increasing continuous integration and delivery behaviors, software delivery tool chain, workflow and other software engineering techniques used to increase the software delivery pace of this modernization effort.
DevOps is changing how we work and the pace at which software is delivered into production. Looking for a new challenge? Do you aspire towards learning newer technologies for reducing friction in delivering high valued solutions to customers not only within your production team but also having influence across other product teams? If so, this is a position for you.
Life Modernization has adopted a DevOps mindset through product team ownership of software quality and automation/controls used to deliver changes in production. This a multi-year effort that will replace an existing Life Policy Administration System using two vendor products along with green field restful integration layer to connect with enterprise capabilities.
- Strong understanding of web services/application design to support continuous delivery practices (SOA/REST)
- Strong grasp with enterprise application development with Java using the Spring Platform
- Experience relational databases and object-oriented design principles
- Experience using REST frameworks with focus on API development
- Continuous delivery pipeline development (ylm/bash), GitLab, GitLab CI
- Familiar with Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes or other containerization technologies
- Demonstrate quick technical learning agility, strong work ethic, and strategic thinker
- Comfortable leading teams through change when consuming latest technologies or development practices.
- Strong soft skills to help bring organizational change.
- Expected to demo solutions to team for aiding their understanding of future technical changes.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A