View All Subway JobsSubway
The Cafeteria Assistant will be responsible for preparing food items based on standardized recipes while maintaining the highest safety standards. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, work areas and eating areas while following all Health Department and Company regulations in regard to food and storage standards and safety.
- Assist with weekly food and dry storage deliveries. Inventory and stock food, condiments, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability, quantity, and security of items needed for the number of persons to be served. Rotate all stock, checking expiration dates, in accordance with Cafeteria procedures.
- Attends training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Assist with special events as needed. Prepare food, take down tables and chairs as needed with the assistance of the facilities team. Must be able to work overtime for special events on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager, Campus Events/Catering.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the cafeteria in order to ensure that employees are served promptly and efficiently during the Cafeteria operating hours.
- Prepare and serve food and beverage items according to approved recipes (e.g. fruits, vegetables, salads, sandwiches, entrees, soups, baked goods, etc.).
- Arrange setup for food items, supplies and serving lines for the purpose of ensuring that items are provided in accordance with cafeteria requirements.
- Operate standard commercial kitchen equipment (soda machines, coffee machines, ovens and walk-ins), maintaining equipment in safe working order. Maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment. Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regard to food and storage standards and safety. Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation. Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Experience in the operation of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to follow specific guidelines for food prep.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to establish priority order of tasks necessary to complete an assignment.
- Desire to show initiative, including anticipating cafeteria needs.
- Effective skills in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience in food service.
- Excellent customer service skills and be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- A warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ability to successfully work independently, responsibly and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: bread baking, cookie baking, heating of soup and hot food items.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A